CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The swamp is lovely dark and wet...

A few weeks ago we went down to St. Martin Parish for a swamp tour. It was beautiful, quiet and relaxing. Yes, relaxing even being in a aluminum flat bottom boat was relaxing. The animals, birds, plant life and bugs, were so interesting and beautiful at the same time. It was two hours in the swamp with nature. The beauty the Lord has created for us magnificent, if we would only take the time to look and see. My dad says that, he said the time he rides his bike is special cause he can see the small things we miss riding in a car going some place fast. I like to sit on the front porch at night and see the frogs and toads come out for the nightly feeding. We have a big spider that comes every night. He builds his web every night to get his dinner, to see him work his web is amazing, he builds so fast. I have been feeding him and so has Mo. We feed him the bugs that crawl around in the light. In the mornings Bill and I let out the chickens and sit on the deck, watch the chicken start their day. The strangest things can make you watch forever and appreciate the Lords work.








2 comments:

Honor said...

Did you see Yogi Bear? This Matt.

OB12OLD said...

The alligators are awesome. The folwers are lovely. I would love to go and see the bugs and butterflies. I am going to have to visit in the late spring sometime. Neat pictures. Hope you are enjoying your trip. Love Mom