


I was taking the dogs out for their last wee of the night and this was at the door. It was beautiful, the colors were so perfect; green, purple, blue, black, yellow,and pink with muted beige and browns. The spots looked like eyes on its back. I was going to send it mom and dad but Mo said just let it go. I put my hand up to show how big it was, Mo says to me, "mom you have freakishly small hands no one will know how big it really is." To give you dimensions it was 5 inches across and 3 inches long. So yes, I do have small hands not freakishly small just small. This is just another example of the flora and fauna of Louisiana. By the way the frogs and crickets are already out and very loud at night.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
moth at the door
Posted by Stephanie Ann at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think you should have kept it! don't they put things like that in glass spheres & sell them at gift shops?
Mom wants tou to know that is an American silk worm moth - polyphemus
OB12OLD wants you to know this is the moth Mom caught in Denver. The one that was ready to go in a display of some sort. The one that went in the trash. And when - somewhere in Wyoming - I found out about it, I was ready to drive back to Denver for it.
Post a Comment