CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alex



He is off to see the world . I can say he is really off on an adventure. I had a hard time and so did Bill but as a dad he gave him good advice on where to shop and eat. Also army related stuff for the just in case.
I was good until we got to the airport and we went in. I hugged him , at that moment I almost lost it, him too. I could see it, he was trying hard not to tear up, you know your kids. He kept me post on his flights and how bad the food is at BWI (Baltimore). He called just before he got on the plane and said I love you. I haven't heard from him yet he should of landed about two hours ago. (1:55 Italian local time) I set one of our house clocks to his time so we will know what time it is there.














I have posted some of my favorite pictures of him.
I remember that small little baby boy and how he made me feel, all I ever wanted was him to be happy and feel loved, I know he knows he is loved, that we are proud of him and all he has accomplished. I will miss him calling everyday to say" what ya doin'?" I hate thought that he is not going to be just popping in cause he was done with work or wanted to eat at home instead of the mess hall. We will all miss him, Mo and Alex, their secret brother stuff, Bill and Alex army and car chats. I will just miss him. Saturday mornings with Pa in bed watching cartoons and playing with legos, watch Grandma Katherine from his highchair in the kitchen, waiting for "duty" to come on tv in his comfortable postion on the floor with the pillows. washing cars with his dad. You never really see your kids grown up while they are doing it. When he left today, I realized he was a man. but all I could see was a little boy going up the ecalator to the gate. We never say goodbye in our family we always have said see you later, but I could not even say that to him today,I just said I love you and call me.my favorite picture of him is the one from Ranger school graduation a perfect moment. I love him.

1 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

i wish i could've had one more hug.
love you stevie.