CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008








It has been a full couple weeks here us. It started the 15th of October and just this last week ended. Bill and I went to Tennessee for his 30th year reunion. We took the long way there and had a good road trip up. We talked the whole way and he relived some old memories of friends and high school sport adventures and wins. Friday night we met a small group of Bill closest friends at the Caney Fork Fish camp grill and had dinner, most of the time was spent on who's doing what now and where is everyone. I have to say I was very happy that Bills old girlfriend was nice. She teased him a little. Saturday we went to Butches house in Brentwood for brunch where old news paper clippings and the yearbooks were brought out and the laughs started all over again and their memories flowed. After that we went back to the house to get ready for the evenings main event with the whole senior class. They gave out prizes for different things and Bill got most changed award and he was all smiles...Sunday morning we left to return home, again we talked all the way. Bills homesickness was cured and everyone promised to keep in better touch. We got home and the boys had dinner for us and had cleaned the house and kept good care of the chickens. Mos' Friday night football game was out of town and a lose so we really did not miss much. Monday morning I had to be in court for jury duty and really I don't know what the big deal is or why people don't want to serve. Bill went with me and listened to the proceeding's we were let go for lunch and Bill stayed home and I went back. At three o'clock I thought we had the jury, but no. I had this funny feeling all day that I would get picked,(meaning my name would be called)I did and as I went the stand I thought that there was no way I would be chosen, due to the fact that it was a drunk driving case. I answered many questions and then one was asked about alcohol ever having effected my family, I said yes. then was asked how and I said my sister was killed at the age 6 by a drunk drive, there was an audible gasp in the court room. Mr. Bennett (defence) asked me to tell the court about that day. I told the story of that day and when I was done he asked if I could be fair I said I could. I told him that as my mom and dad waited to hear how my sister was doing, in the waiting room sat the boy who had hit my sister, he was with his father, standing over him berating and cussing his son for his stupid act, at that point my dad went over to the young man and told him not worry it was an accident and that he forgave him. I told Mr. Bennett I believed in forgiveness and fairness, that nothing is known till it is proven. I was on the jury. I was so sure I would be let go. Coach Brown was in the court room and told Mo that he had seen me, he told Mo that I made the court room cry. I had no clue, I told the truth and was chosen. Needless to say we found the man guilty. This was his fifth DWI. I spoke to Mr. Bennett after the trail, along with the DA and some other jurors we all agreed that he would of got off had he not taken the stand. Mr. Bennett said that he had warned his client not to do it, the states case against him was not that strong but he felt he should get up and tell his side.
If he had listened it would of turned out different. I had a good time and found the law to be so very interesting.That was three day of sitting.
The week ended with a football game, homecoming, the homecoming dance(Mo went stag with his friends, had ad good time and made it home by 1am.)and church. This week we had Senior night at the football game and that was supposed to be all we had on the schedule but... Wednesday night Mo came home from football and he said that he hurt his ankle or foot during practice. We iced him down and gave him tylonel and thought he was good. After dinner we looked at it again and it was not feeling or looking better. Off to the ER we went. We thought we doing good when the waiting room was kinda empty, never be hopeful when entering the ER. We checked in and the nurse took Mo for a xray. There we sat in the waiting room with sick kids and parents who would not watch their kids. People need to be aware of their children and watch them in public places...Finnnnnallllly we got to see the doctor and she said you have fractured your anckle, they put some sort of thing on his foot and we were on our way. I thought of Chris and anckle episode in Germany in the back yard. We were there for 4 and a half hours. Got home went to bed. Friday we went to Senior night, it is serious southern thing to dress up football game, Bill in a suit, me dressed up and Alex was home so he dressed up too, they had a photogragher and we got pictures taken. Mo hobbled out on his crutches a did the who's who thing. Then the game started and ended and we went home. Saturday we went to MMA fights, Alex got us tickets, some of his soldiers and his Platoon Sgt fought. We had a good time, the men keep critiqueing the fighters and what they should do or how they could of won their matches. When we got home they showed each other how to do moves. I just wish they would do some thing like golden gloves. I like boxing. This last week was all about play practice and dress rehearsals and then the play. Oh yah, Mo was Amid summers night dream. He played Francis Flute on of the trades men who puts on a play for the royal court.He was Thisobe for the play inside the play. He was so funny doing this he got around of applas. we had a good time at that. This week we got Bill ready to go to London and then on to Germany also. I have already put in my request sheet with the Christmas market wants and needs. I have included some pictures from the different things we have been up to, reunion and football and just us.

0 comments: