Today I sat on the front porch with Bill and had a moment, we were talking about softball with Mo and his girlfriend Holly. We talked about local teams and college teams and this brought us to the N.A.S.T.y(North African Softball Tournament) tournament. We would go tothe the game to watch while in living in Cairo, my mind was brought to our friend Dwayne who played on the embassy team for the military, we laughed as we remember him and how he would drop his shoulder and butt at this point you knew that he was hitting a home run. I could smell Egypt, hear it, see those we sat with and cheered with . Tears filled my eyes, Dwayne is not here anymore he was killed in the bombing of the Pentagon. My thoughts turned again to that of the young man from Bills company who was killed and all the others who have been killed or injured.I remembered going to Landstuhl to visit the injured from Bill company. I have been blessed to know many fine young men who served with Bill. They treated me as a friend and sometimes like a mom. I am thankful for those who still serve and do the duty. I am not sad because of these memories I am glad to have been there and to have known those fine honorable men. This is the day to remember and be thankful for all those who have served in every military organization from Coast Guard to Army. When you say your prayers remember them and their families, be thankful for their sacrifices.
We are thankful for the tradition of the military in our family.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Posted by Stephanie Ann at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment