CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Chickens





The chicken have left the comforts of home, left for their own place in the back yard.It has been interesting to watch them grow.We got them just before Easter and they are now a month old and living in the back yard they have plenty of room to move around and peck and eat and poo! Bill made a great coupe for them. They have yet to cock-a-doodle-doo, but we look forward to hearing big George go off. Yes, I have named our chickens. This comes from when I was little we had chicken, my brothers and I named them, they had names like Tom Petty and Gumby. What we are really looking forward to are the eggs and maybe some good Gumbo if we have to many roasters...I well we make great chicken gumbo.

4 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

yay!!! we found your blog. : ) great job. love the baby chicks & the report on the family. thank you for being positive! it makes me happy to hear how content you are with your station in life right now. : ) love y'all!

C and C Beecher said...

so, to add a list of blogs to your page, select "layout", then select "add a page element", then select "link list" & go from there!

Honor said...

Matt wants to know if there is one called Tom Petty in the coop

Honor said...

Bills long time dreams of being a chicken owner have finally materialized.

Exciting!