CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mudbug

Last night I was moving the ferns so that they would not get more frost bite, yes it does get cold here. Night before last is was 30 degrees outside I finally turned the heater on. On Thanksgiving it was 75 and sunny I had the a/c on. Kinda weird to be so warm but it is the low south. Back to moving ferns, I was moving them on to the front porch and as I moved the big one I saw some movement and there was a mudbug or as none southern people call them crayfish or crawfish. I had to pick it up to see how big it was. I took some pictures. They are really good to eat but you need a bunch to really make a meal out of them. Then you can have fried ones, boiled ones with sausage,corn and potatoes like a crab boil, Etouffea, gumbo, there are many ways to eat them and I love to eat them. Thought I would share, I put him out by the pond so he can get bigger or if it was a she she could make more!


3 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

There you go again - playing with your food. Did it eat good? Or did you name it and put it in a cage?

Matt said...

You should open a mudbug bidnes and call it Bubbabetter Better Bugs.

Jesse said...

That is really COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!